Popular Posts

Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Tribute to my Family

Jessie, Megan, Catharine, and Stephanie

The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.


I thought it only appropriate to start off my blogging experience by talking a little bit about myself. I was thinking about this and I was wondering 'what makes me, me' and it all boils down to the wonderful influences of the women in my family. Being a strong and independent woman is something I've always been taught. My parents have always told me that I have the ability to do whatever I want, but that it's up to me to be the woman I want to portray. We all have role models, someone we look up to and admire. Like many girls before me, my mom has and always will be my best friend. Growing up, she was the hardworking and determined woman I wanted to see myself become. She is the most selfless person I know, giving everything she has worked for to her three children. Just the other day, my mom texted me "I just put $50 into your bank account". While I frantically texted her back, scared I had overdrawn my account by accident, she informed me I hadn't overdrawn. The $50 was because she thought I might need gas for my car. She never fails to be simply...awesome. 
A while ago, my mom told me about her mom, and how they were best friends. At the time, I didn't understand what she meant. How could one be both a mother and best friend? Didn't she have a best friend her own age? Now, as I'm almost out of my teens, I understand what she means. At one point in our lives, our mothers stop being our disciplinarians, our support, and our shelter. At some point we grow up, leave the nest, as many would say. At some point our mothers become equals to us, like sisters in a way. While she still helps me financially and helps me make important decisions, I'm so happy to say my mom is more than just a mom, she's my best friend. 

My twinzies, my sisters, my double trouble, my love bugs, my babies, my 'tefanie, my J, my girls. I love my sisters more than anything in the world. I can't get enough of the laughter that comes from being with these crazy girls. Growing up together, our house was always LOUD. No boys, yet just as much wild. We constantly got in trouble for laughing, fighting, screaming, running, wrestling, and so much more. Of course we fight, a lot...what good sisters don't? But better than all that is the love we have for each other. Seriously, we're always laughing... 
Our sister photoshoot turned out with some great shots!
.
The twins at the Oregon coast!
Watching these two grow up has been such an incredible experience. When they were first born, I immediately wanted to take care of them and be 'mom' to them even though I wasn't even 2 years old. Throughout elementary school they were little troublemakers, always fighting over which side of the room they had to clean. Although it was hard sometimes, these two taught me more than anyone else. They have two completely separate personalities that have taught me a broad spectrum of lessons. Stephanie is the stubborn one. She can fight with anyone about anything in any situation. She is my little firecracker that always steps up to share her opinion, but, like my mom, she's a giver. She taught me to work will difficult people (sorry steph!) and how to be a good influence to someone who doesn't want any one's help. However, at the drop of a hat she will defend the people she loves, cook you a dank dinner, and help the needy. Her spirit is deep down, you just have to fight your way into her heart. Jessica is the quiet one, and by quiet I don't mean literally. Her high pitched squeal can be heard from miles away! She's the sensitive one. She doesn't speak her mind unless directly asked. She's a sweetheart, with such a tender and loving spirit. She's the one who will cry at the end of any movie when an animal dies. She rarely fights, and if she does it's quiet and sneaky. She has taught me so much about being open and accepting to others. 

My mom and sisters have taught me so much about myself. They have helped me mold into the person I've always wanted to be, and helped me grown to the best of my ability. Of course, I still have much to learn, but I know that we will help each other succeed, and we will be the perfect examples for our next generations to come:) 




No comments :

Post a Comment